back to article Stamen punts new approach to data aggregation

"Give me everything," says Tom Carden, a programmer and designer at Stamen Design. Stamen takes huge amounts of data and turns them into images you can interact with. Let the data choose the questions, he said, rather than the other way around. Carden's work is part of a trend at this year's Etech emerging technology …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Britt Johnston

Rule-based reverse engineering

As the article mentions data looking for a question, I've been looking for some time for a way to extract business rules out of big databases, say SAP. This would be useful for upgrade projects, as you wouldn't have to start from scratch, you could list rules to check their currency, and you could provoke discussion on exceptions.

Does such an animal exist, or would it be an unusable concept? Till now, I have only had offers from consultants to build our company a bespoke version.

2. Magnus Egilsson

Strangely familiar

Didnt Bill Gibson write a story about a guy that could aggregate vasts amount of data and find the probability of events within the images in his head?

3. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Great idea

Right until it gets plugged into Wackypedia.

Then all of a sudden any reference to Darwin will become "an unproven scientific theory - check <given fundamentalist Christian site> to find out more".

I'll pass on that, then.

This topic is closed for new posts.