back to article Computacenter plumps up revs, pre-tax profit

Computacenter today said its customers are yet to feel the pinch from the credit crunch as it reported its first revenue growth in five years. It saw adjusted pre-tax profit of £47.2m for the year ended 31 December 2007, an increase of nearly 28 per cent. The Hatfield, Hertfordshire-based company said total revenues grew for …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Alexander
    Paris Hilton

we will see

The management team should have been replaced after the third profit warning in a row donkeys ago, the new shared delivery model is hated by it's customers and with staff jumping ship after some rather nasty internal policies which are down to el presedentie mike norris's mini me the personality deprived simon walsh.

A small bit of luck wont save them they still see dell and HP as their main competition (delusions of grandure)...they stil can't get their heads round "i am a reseller who does support services or am I support services based company that does reselling".

Before you can truly compete with your compeditors you need to know who they are and what they are capable of as well as who you are as a company and what your capable of .(tun zsu knows best ),

Paris: because her business sence would fit right in at CC.(though her IQ may be to high)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Spiteful

What a nasty, spiteful comment from Alexander.

I've been a consultant with CC for 7 years, and don't recognise the company he describes. Yes, we suffer from initiative overload, but then what large organisation, public or private sector, doesn't? As for the internal politics, 90% of us fly below the radar, and just see names coming and going on org charts - it doesn't affect us, the way we work, or how we deal with customers.

I'm sorry the author above has a down on CC, but we'll somehow pick up the tattered shreds of our lives and carry on.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

@ Alexander

As a consultant in my 10th year with CC, you seem to be talking about a different company. I'm still happy in my employment with the company, the same as most people I talk to. From my own experience (21years in the industry), there are a lot worse companies to work for.

I echo what AC said about internal politics, but that applies to ALL companies.

Guess you're one of those who have an axe to grind and likes to do it in public.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

The Innovation Conspiracy?

Yet again we hear another IT vendor claiming the Credit Crisis is having no impact on its results. To anyone at all familiar with the economic news and forecasts, these statements sound increasingly deluded.

But many IT vendors, particularly the larger ones pushing an 'Innovation' message and with access to expensive market research, know that customers only continue to spend on IT because they believe their competitors are continuing to spend on IT. Once it becomes clear that their peers aren't spending, the whole house of cards collapses.

There are basically two IT market scenarios doing the rounds at the moment: the first is an early, relatively shallow depression, and the second is a delayed but very deep recession.

My concern is that those CEOs very close to retirement are trying to push the IT market into scenario #2 -- by talking up the market until they make their escape.

I don't necessarily contend that IT vendor CEOs are meeting in private executive clubs to agree to talk up the market -- and anyway, Computacenter executives would probably not be members of the all-powerful US clubs. It just seems, from the outside, that something very strange and collusive is going on.

5. Alexander
    Thumb Up

sorry guys

having unfortunately spent 6 Years at CC in a senior role I can validate my responses, so please guys loose the PR posting are you 2 really mike and simon ?

@ first coward

"Yes, we suffer from initiative overloadd" you really ought to phrase that a bit better as in "we suffer from poorly lead initiatives"

@ second coward

"I echo what AC said about internal politics, but that applies to ALL companies"

So the first guy was mike and your simon right , anyway no it does not & that is why some companies are succesful and some not .

I posted openly and not like you two lovely gentlemen.

I havent ground any axe in public if I did this post would be a few pages long and the register would get some rather tasty stories.

p/s Tony says dell does it better.

This topic is closed for new posts.