back to article Trend Micro gets slashed in attack of the killer iframes

Trend Micro, please put down your bricks and step away from the glass house. This week, researchers from the anti-virus provider uncovered at least two high-profile websites hacked so they try to infect visitors with some of the nastiest malware out there. But as they were busy pointing out the attacks on web pages belonging …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Quirkafleeg
    Thumb Up

Those Google search links

Try clicking on one with NoScript installed and watch what happens.

2. Del Merritt
    Thumb Up

Thanks for the list!

Of course, 23K names/sites is gonna' be a pain to cross reference. Could be time to write a FF add-on to help...

3. James Condron

ummm....

"But as they were busy pointing out the attacks on web pages belonging to Swedish rock band The Hives and web blogs award site the Bloggies"

Web blogs? Isn't that a bit like when people talk of PIN Numbers? y'know- wrong?

4. vincent himpe

@james condron

or LCD displays ..

5. Quirkafleeg
    Happy

Re: @james condron

They have LCD displays in shops. Lots of LCD monitors or TVs, all on display…

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

<no title>

So if I have this right, The Reg has a story about Phorm and Trend Micro one day, encouraging me to look at the Trend Micro site; possibly for the first time ever. Then the next day there's another story about Trend Micro infecting visitors to their site ? ... hmmmm....

7. Simon

@quirkafleeg

What he means is that it's a... tautology(?*)...

PIN Number = Personal Identification Number Number

LCD Display = Liquid Crystal Display Display (though you could have a display of such, but that would be a Liquid Crystal Display, display).

Etc, &c.

*I know the word I mean and used it recently, it just escapes me at the moment - unless I'm correct but confused.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@ Simon

Dunno about confused as I can't be bothered looking it up, but you are missing quirkafleeg's point I think. I usually say 'redundant' for PIN number and LCD display, but in this case a bunch of LCDs on the shelves for people to see is indeed a display of LCDs. Or LCD display if you will. Perhaps he should've used the Joke icon instead?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like