back to article NASDAQ delists Bell Micro for late filing

Bell Microproducts lost its NASDAQ listing today because it can't get its act together on financial filings. Surprise, surprise, shares in the computer distributor sank 31 per cent to $1.94 on the news. Expect another plunge tomorrow when Bell Micro stock starts trading on the Pink Sheets. The delisting and lack of audited …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. heystoopid
    Joke

My my

Those external auditors were obviously of the rent a crap Andersen class of twitters for failing to comply with assorted regulations and strict US accounting standards !

Now if the SEC were to fine these wankers and the external audit accountants both a minimum of USD$10 million each per every offence submitted

a/ for filing false and incomplete reports

b/ for failing to lodge accurate or reliable stockholder statements

I can imagine the number of late reports would drop remarkably quickly indeed !

Alas that is something that will never happen as the US regulators and the exchange merchants are deeply in bed with each other most of the time and nine hundred and ninety nine times out of one hundred usually ignore all offences by strictly regulating the investigators and minimal funding of the legal arm to enable prosecution of said offences too !

2. Eugene Goodrich

"Is NASDAQ being unkind?"

Nasdaq laid the rules and punishment out a long time ago. If anything, NASDAQ is being "fair". (A four-letter word that begins with "F"...)

This topic is closed for new posts.