back to article Ex-FCC chair vows government control over the Google Brain

The Cloud Computing Revolution will be regulated, according to former Federal Communications Chairman (FCC) Reed Hundt. Hundt - who has mounted many a soapbox - is using a review of pundit Nick Carr's new book The Big Switch as an excuse for laying out some cloud computing concerns. Should large, centralized computing utilities …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"I'm from the government and I'm here to help you"

Yeah, right!!

IBM, (the old) AT&T, Microsoft, etc...

The record isn't that good!

2. amanfromMars Silver badge
    Alien

Discworlds Apart but All Always with the Same Driver

With an Unlimited Credit Facility?

"Err ... No.!? "

On yer Bike, Shylock

Meanwhile in another World, passing by ........

With an Unlimited Credit Facility?

"Yes, how do you know?"

Come on in, sunshine, and I'll tell you a story full of secrets.

There's a lot more to AI and NEUKlearer HyperRadioProActivity that meets the Eye and Aye Aye Cap'ns and No No Warriors. Eventually though the penny will drop in whoevers Wake they are Following if they Lead Badly.

3. trackSuit
    Alien

Information impedance matching -an Alien thing, to some.

Search engines have a big database but they have trouble obtaining much in the way of intelligent information from it, as using a search engine commonly suggests. One day, no doubt, they hope that technological advances will help them to tap into this store of knowledge, much of which will, by then, be out of date. GIGO.

The closer you measure / study something, the more complex the results are to analyse. Try measuring the length of a coastline -measure it closely enough and you will face the paradox of it being almost ininitely long. If the design of the experiment or the processing of the results is not done competently, any conclusions will be quite probably useless.

It gets worse too, when Information Impedance matching is taken into account. The difficulty of obtaining the information is related to the uncertainty of any conclusions which can be drawn from it.

Ambiguities stack up too, leading to very rapid increase in the level of uncertainty.

First hand information is better. Any search engine would do better if they asked questions as well as inferring.

Search engines need to make some Friends, of Q.O.S. :-)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like