back to article US auto parts store spills data to hackers

Advance Auto Parts, the US motoring parts retailer, is the latest firm to give up customer credit card data to hackers. The bad guys gleaned financial information on up to 56,000 customers, through an attack affecting 14 stores nationwide, the firm a href="http://www.advanceautoparts.com/creditsecurity/default.asp" target=" …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Märthöll
    Flame

As expected

I am not surprised. uptime.netcraft.com shows that www.advanceautoparts.com runs Microsoft software.

2. kain preacher

Right

And unix server would of never been hacked. Apache is fool proof.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Jacked Off

I imagine customers will be going 'spare' until they find out who took 'part' in this 'bald' faced 'driveby' hack!

4. James O'Brien
    Alert

@Kain Preacher

Heh nice point of the finger if *nix was the only one that had 99% market share, we would always be hearing about it which would kill the Mac FanBois' dead in their tracks.

/mines the one with the fifth hanging out of the pocket

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@James O'Brien

What?

Is that an empty fifth?

6. Ian Ferguson
    Dead Vulture

Was it a coding error?

I wonder if somebody forgot to open their tags correctly, meaning underlying code was displayed on the page?

Something like: the firm a href="http://www.advanceautoparts.com/creditsecurity/default.asp" target="_blank">said on Monday

7. kain preacher

@James O'Brien

Until you know what the exact exploit you cant blame windows. Remember the article about abunch of Apache severs that were compromised ??

SO right after the back to blame MS is stupid till you know the facts.

My point is if it was an Linux or UNIX server people here would hold back blame till they knew the exploit.

8. kain preacher

@ac

a fifth.

American slang for 1/5th of a gallon of liquor. 750 ml

used as such. I want a fifth of gin

9. Martin Simpson

@James O'Brien

I think you missed the sarcasm is Kain's post....

Maybe now is the time to dismount your Microsoft High Horse :)

10. James O'Brien
    Stop

@ EVERYONE

You guys all missed the point of my post. It was not to bash Kain it was actually intended as a compliment. I'll be the first to admit M$ has its problems and that the only reason I use it is for gaming. As for *nix and all the other OS's what I was getting at was to say this, *IF* OSX or *nix had a 99% market share we would hear about all of them a bit more. More viruses, more exploits found more of everything.

Unfortunately they dont have the market share. Which is why everyone is so keen to spout off at the mouth about M$ because we hear about them more then the rest usually.

I think the sarcasm was missed from me due to faulty use of punctuation.

11. kain preacher

Sorry

Sarcasm does not always translate well on the net. Takes swig of corn liquor

This topic is closed for new posts.