IBM has scrambled back on the Federal Government’s list of IT suppliers after being kicked off earlier this week following a dispute with the Environmental Protection Agency. The IT giant said today it struck an agreement with the EPA to end the temporary suspension and would start bidding for new business immediately. At the …
Nice , to have friends in high places with bigger size 12 boots for kicking idiots in the posterior !
IF you were IBM would you called their bluff
and just stopped support and callout on all Gov systems :-)
or is that the BOFH method
Who do you think is in charge anyway ?
I expect some civil servant has attempted to dig their heels in over a payment dispute - something they are quite entitled to do, all things being equal.
Unfortunatley, all things are not equal and no one may prevent those particular wheels from turning by throwing a spanner in the works....no matter how righteous that particular spanner may be.
Any escalation of such a dispute would result in mutually assured destruction and your government doesn't want that.
That would probably be in breach of their existing contracts. Remember that it was just a ban on IBM bidding on new contracts.
Putting pressure on the people doing the investigation like this might be reason for further sanctions.
- Analysis Free Windows 10 could mean the END for Microsoft and the PC biz
- Pull up the Windows 10 duvet and pretend Win8 and Vista were BAD DREAMS
- Microsoft will give away Windows 10 FREE - for ONE year
- Analysis FIVE Things (NOT 10: these are REAL) from the WINDOWS 10 event
- Is Windows RT not invited to the Windows 10 upgrade party?