back to article RM to push new HP sub-laptop to schools

RM has been signed up as HP’s only UK distie for its 2133 Mini-Note laptop intended for the education market. The firm said that it has tied up an “exclusive partnership” to supply schools and colleges across Blighty with HP's dinky new sub-notebook. The computer giant launched the machine, which rivals the Asus Eee PC, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Flocke Kroes Silver badge
    Linux

£300 is not a cheap laptop

XO has a screen you can read in sunlight, stands a reasonable chance of surviving being dropped, does not make you a target for muggers and is far cheaper.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. reg phenna
    Coat

Not so rip off these days!

They are not so bad these days on hardware prices and after sales service is excellent BUT their overpowering network control software really takes all the fun and useability out of Windows 2003.

I'll get my coat as I work on an RM network.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

Ripoff merchants

>RM: Ripping off our education establishments since 1977.

Absolutely and its very depressing to see Inclusive Tech getting into bed with RM, start of a slippery slope.

5. Nick

Re: £300 is not a cheap laptop

Flocke Kroes wrote:

"XO has a screen you can read in sunlight, stands a reasonable chance of surviving being dropped, does not make you a target for muggers and is far cheaper."

The XO is also one of the slowest machines to boot up and launch applications that I've used in a long time.

Add in the fact that the Sugar interface will not be easily integrated with the rest of the school's IT framework (different applications, no email client, default web browser doesn't cope well with media rich sites, different ideas about file systems, etc) and it's not really a sensible solution.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

RM to push New Laptop

£299 is NOT a cheap laptop, only pressure from many external sources saw RM lower their inflated prices for the Asus machine, which they had the gall to call the RM eeePc!

Expect no favours from RM, they will say NO even before you have thought of any thing remotely original to do with anything they provide!

This topic is closed for new posts.