back to article US crunch hits India

The US slowdown rolled into India this week with outsourcer Satyam forecasting that revenue growth in 2009 will be well down on the 40 per cent plus rates it has become accustomed to. The company today forecast full year 2009 revenues of $2.65bn to $2.69bn, a rise of 24 to 26 per cent on the previous year. After seeing annual …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ishkandar

Sounds like..

...the US crunch is bringing tears to Indian eyes !! Wonderful what can be done with two half bricks !!

2. ratfox
    Happy

ONLY 24% more than last year

It is funny that what would be an incredible and wonderful increase in US or Europe can be so disappointing in India... The world is not yet flat.

Though it must be a real problem for them. They probably invested in prevision for a much larger growth, and find now they over-extended themselves. Still, I'll count that as a sign the world economy is NOT crashing down, whatever people in the financial sector might think.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

whoopieee!!!

Does that mean Aviva/Computercentre/IBM etc.. will soon decide that outsourcing all its telephone and IT services to India was a huge waste of money and they move all the jobs back to the UK.

we can but wish..

more likely it will move to some dodgy dictatorship in africa, where the operators litterly bite the bullet if the customers complain...

I wonder what how bad a french-african accent will go down when you ring up for car/home insurance quote.

i also wonder how long it will take before anyone using such servcies finds they just got 419'd by the call operators and completly fleeced.

ahh the joys of outsourcing..

mines the one with ZPF and the bloodied bullet holes across the back.......

4. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

Outsourcer?

Wait...

It's their customers who outsource to them, isn't it, so they are not outsourcers.

Insourcers? No, not that either.

What, then?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Awww, bless

My heart just *bleeds* for them. "Only" 24% growth, eh? How awful.

Alas, my wife's job is one of a couple dozen being "displaced" to the subcontinent in a couple of months, so right now I'm all out of sympathy, and they can take their "poor" growth and fuck themselves with it until their eyes pop.

It's true what they say, though. Every cloud has a silver lining and if the cloud over the US economy is making outsource companies hurt, I can go to sleep tonight a little bit happier.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Foreign affairs

> ... as customers felt the pain ... and "continue to throw up opportunities for our company".

Lovely! Lester is ghostwriting in Hyderabad. Carry on.

7. This post has been deleted by its author

This topic is closed for new posts.