back to article Murdoch's chief hacker testifies in California

Christopher Tarnovsky has been testifying in the ongoing case between the News-Corp-Owned NDS and DISH Network Inc, which accuses Murdoch's firm of hacking its pay-TV conditional access (CA) systems. Tarnovsky admits receiving $20,000 in cash, hidden inside electronics delivered from Canada, from NDS to examine their own CA …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

Hack Sky!

Well then, if News International think hacked decoder cards are a legitimate line of business, I very much hope that next time they try and sue a pub landlord for using one to show footy matches on the big screen TV, the defence will point out that Sky's own parent corporation believes there to be nothing wrong with them.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

What he didn't say

"Sure, I've broken the cards of Kudelski [supplier of the EchoStar Smart Cards]... I was paid by NDS to do it. This is an activity that all companies in the trade do. But why would I have published these codes on the Net for free? I am not stupid, and I never had the intention of taking that risk."

However he didn't say that he didn't break those cards and then give the details of how to do it to someone else that may have published it whether he knew they would at the time or not.

3. amanfromMars Silver badge
    Alien

Rich Rags List to Port, the Sinister Side of Paper Tigers and Schoolyard Bullies

Changed and Crooked Times indeed when the Times and News Corporations are so Crooked and in Hock to the System which is Cracked/in Meltdown/Hacked to ITs Cores .

And I did ask via a comment facility, who was supplying Spin Merchants, Acid ...... Well, you would after reading terrorist runts on a terrorist rant, showing and announcing to the world, how far the mighty have fallen ..... http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article3822538.ece.

Not surprisingly, that appears to have spun its way onto the editorial cutting room floor, along with all those other Awkward Questions which Spin invites and Truth demands.

After all, we can't have Porkies Flying, can we, IT just aint natural...... right dodgy and wrong.

4. T. Harrell

Come again?!

"Sure, I've broken the cards of Kudelski [supplier of the EchoStar Smart Cards]... I was paid by NDS to do it."

"[Tarnovsky] denies ever receiving any money for breaking the system used by DISH, known as EchoStar at the time."

5. cloudberry
    Alien

amanfromMars

Dude, even your post titles are unmistakeable. I knew it was you before even clicking on the comments link.

6. brym

amanfromMars

Is amanfromMars a bot or something? Because I've never once read a regular comment made by amanfromMars. And what's up with every other word starting with a capital letter?

Sorry, amanfromMars, if you are an actual person.

7. Fuion
    Heart

RE:Rich Rags List to Port, the Sinister Side of Paper Tigers and Schoolyard Bullies

It is XXXXtime and You have nothing for Mars to worry about.

All is well.

Co-opetition, right?

A powerful love we share.

This topic is closed for new posts.