back to article AMD touts Business Class service to PC vendors

AMD today tried to claw corporate customers back from Intel with its first ever strictly business platform. The struggling chip maker is targeting enterprise and SMB markets with its AMD Business Class programme, intended to make it easier for PC makers to develop AMD-based machines. Under the new roadmap, AMD - which is …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. PC6300
    Thumb Up

my required title

"AMD has also extended its processor warranties from one to three years, as well as guaranteeing that processors will remain available for two years."

It is nice to see AMD addressing what I think is the biggest problem businesses face with purchasing PCs. Creating images and managing drivers is a big cost for a large firm. Being able to have a stable line of PCs for over a year could really save some green.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@PC6300

"really save some green" is an interesting comment .. saving on the $ green front is a good thing. Wonder if cutting down on PC swap-outs, hardware upgrades etc cos of incompatible machines will actually have an impact on the other sort of green, or is it a marketing gimmick.... personally I believe it can be both, and the green card is being controlled by marketing and sales teams who should be taken out and shot (then again, I tend to feel that about all sales and marketing teams who routinely quote benefits with no independent 3rd-party-verified supporting docs)

This topic is closed for new posts.