back to article NetBeans 6.1 packs welcome additions

Hot on the heels of a successful 6.0 release, which we covered here and here, Sun Microsystems has delivered NetBeans 6.1, just in time for the company's annual JavaOne and CommunityOne events in San Francisco, California. As you'd expect from an incremental release, the aim is to introduce enhancements and bug fixes rather …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Goat Jam
    Paris Hilton

Huh?

I've been waiting for Netbeans 6.0 move out of beta on Linux for ages, albeit I haven't manually checked lately. What I do know is that Netbeans on the still-hot-off-the-presses Ubuntu Hardy is still on 5.5.1 so I am amazed that (I assume) Windoze is now up to v6.1.

What gives Mr McNeally?

Paris, cuz I'm currently as confused as she is

2. Goat Jam
    Paris Hilton

Uh

That should be Mr Schwartz

I told you I was confused

3. Goat Jam
    Paris Hilton

OK

Seems it is available for Tux from the Sun website now.

I think I will go and have a lie down.

4. Steve
    Thumb Down

Still slow though

I'm using RC2 right now, and whilst it's true that it's faster to start overall it still feels slow.

It freezes (several times a day) in my experience (no worse than 6.0 thought), it could be trying to open a jsp, or trying to get the autocomplete to popup, sometimes it will come back after a minute, other times you have to kill it and start again.

At least it means that you remember to save often, otherwise you risk loosing what you're working on.

5. Matthew Barker
    Thumb Up

Works a treat

I've tried it on Mac OS and Solaris.

I expected it to work well on Solaris, but it also works quite well on Mac OS (even PPC).

Remote debugging is really good.

Thanks, NetBeans folks.

6. Jan Chalupa

NetBeans version in Ubuntu

Goat Jam, the version of NetBeans in Ubuntu Hardy is actually 6.0.1 (not 5.5.1). Unfortunately, the freeze date for Hardy was too early to include the 6.1 bits. However, you can still download 6.1 from netbeans.org and install it on Hardy. Works great, btw. :-)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like