back to article EMC's Mozy storage service is going global

EMC's Mozy operation is building out a global set of inter-connected data centres to support multi-national enterprise customers and others. Mozy was acquired by EMC recently after building a successful online backup service for consumer and small business PCs. It was one of the first backup-to-the-cloud service suppliers and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ed
    Happy

Good :)

I use mozy for my home backup and their system is good - their software works well on Mac and PC. They give you 2GB free which I haven't quite reached yet, but I might consider paying for unlimited when I do.

They hide their free 2GB offer now (at least, I couldn't find it) but you can access it at http://mozy.com/free

2. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Who could afford it?

8. Dell and MessageOne ?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Just $2.5 million a data centre?

I have to assume that EMC is planning on building out these DC's with something other than Symmetrix and Clariion.

4. Les
    Thumb Up

Seems to scale well...

I did pay for the unlimited service. So far, they've got around 90GB of my data, and it's working nicely. I've done a few test restores, and they worked.

The Mac client is finally out of beta (though the beta worked for me without any issues).

5. The Dark Lord

@ AC point #8

Would Dell go up against EMC, with whom they're so tightly integrated?

This topic is closed for new posts.