Contract laptop PC maker Compal Electronics Inc has been forced to scale back its Q2 shipment growth forecast, blaming a shortage of batteries. The Taiwan-based firm, which had expected a climb of 13-15 per cent for the second quarter, said today that it now expects shipments to grow about ten per cent from Q1. Compal …
Hey guess what?
The big manufactures* screwed
/Dell, HP, Gateway, etc
you they the idea
Asus isn't "working with customers"
Asus is telling customers that they will get 5200mAh batteries with the new eee 900. Then, when the victims receive 4400mAh batteries (a lower capacity than supplied with the older 701, which takes less power and has a smaller charger) they are told that resellers offer a range of capacities (they don't) and that they won't replace them in the UK even though they are doing so in Hong Kong and Taiwan (with 5800mAh).
At the moment, Asus is working against customers.
- Exclusive Ditch your Macs, Dell tells EMC staff
- Vid Microsoft axes 2,850 more Windows Phone, sales staff – a week after Justin Timberlake sang on stage for them
- Microsoft buries the bad Windows Phone news: Mobile sales collapse
- Avnet sees Dätwyler's bid for Raspberry Pi slinger, raises to £868m
- Kaspersky so very sorry after suggesting its antivirus will get you laid