Contract laptop PC maker Compal Electronics Inc has been forced to scale back its Q2 shipment growth forecast, blaming a shortage of batteries. The Taiwan-based firm, which had expected a climb of 13-15 per cent for the second quarter, said today that it now expects shipments to grow about ten per cent from Q1. Compal president …
Hey guess what?
The big manufactures* screwed
/Dell, HP, Gateway, etc
you they the idea
Asus isn't "working with customers"
Asus is telling customers that they will get 5200mAh batteries with the new eee 900. Then, when the victims receive 4400mAh batteries (a lower capacity than supplied with the older 701, which takes less power and has a smaller charger) they are told that resellers offer a range of capacities (they don't) and that they won't replace them in the UK even though they are doing so in Hong Kong and Taiwan (with 5800mAh).
At the moment, Asus is working against customers.
- And the buggiest OS provider award goes to ... APPLE?
- Britain needs more tech immigrants, quango tells UK.gov
- SIM hack scandal biz Gemalto: Everything's fine ... Security industry: No, it's really not
- Updated Oh No, Lenovo! Lizard Squad on the attack, flashes swiped emails
- Big data = big loss for Hadoop-flinger Hortonworks