back to article Peter Gabriel's website is back

Peter Gabriel's website and the website and ticket buying site for Womad, the world music festival he founded, are back online today after their servers and routers were stolen at the weekend. Opal Telecom, which hosts the servers in High Wycombe, was unwilling to comment, but a spokesman for Gabriel's music company Real World …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

Wow...

Wow I'd be Mad if that happened to me!

2. Andrew
    Coat

I wouldn't just be mad, I'd be 'Wo' -mad

Seriously though, the Datacentres that we use have so many layers of security that it's difficult for me to get into them myself as a legitimate user. Shame he hasn't got a more redundant setup - but fantastic that the credit card details were stored elsewhere.. let's hope they changed the access passwords!

:p

3. George Johnson
    Alert

Hmmmmm

With Mr G having such a high profile theft like this, I wonder if Mr Gabriel was the first to get his servers back up and running, before anyone else, ie before insignificant plebs with limited funds who's businesses would have been losing money by the second and employees livelihoods?

4. Fibbles

Err...

"And we can reassure people that all the financial details were stored elsewhere in a secure location and are safe."

So how come the servers weren't stored in a "secure location" as well? It seems a bit odd to keep thousands of pounds of computer equipment in a unlocked room...

5. Codge
    Coat

Re: WOMAD.

Hope I get my ticket.

And only pay for it once!

After last year's washout, It needs SUN!

Pleeeezzzze.

The Goretex one!

6. Steve Mann

Secret World

Overheard at Secret World Studios:

Down by some railway siding

In their secret world they were conspiring

To find the places where we hid our kit

Now where'd our server go? Oh ****!

This topic is closed for new posts.