back to article Intel chastises AMD for 'scorched earth' anti-trust attack

Intel continues to paint AMD as an annoying, over zealous whiner, as the two companies' anti-trust battle makes its protracted way to court. At present, Intel and AMD are arguing over who should be interviewed for this case. AMD wants to depose 206 executives from Intel and then 280 more people from the chipmakers' customers. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. amanfromMars Silver badge
    Linux

Might is always, on the Side of the Right and is Indefatigible and Unbeatable.....

..... and IT is most probably the One Great Lesson that History has always Taught. The Shame in Man is that he Proves too Dumb in Listening42See. A Simple State of Being which is Wronged but easily Righted with Further Higher EduTainment. ...... for the Matriculation Metric/Metriculation Matrix ...... Total Information Awareness Flow aka MetaCirculation for Live Virtual AIMachinery Production. A little something Outlandishly Green and Pleasant from NIRobotIQs Presenting the New Deal with AIdDevelopments.

"Intel's latest filing does address these "bribery" charges on a case by case basis, looking at relationships with the likes of IBM, HP, Dell and Acer. Sadly, those sections of the filing are almost completely censored."

They always do that whenever evidence is incriminating. It's a sort of public information shredding and is an obvious admission that what is written is for exclusive selfish reading.

And it does leave an unpleasantness still hanging in the AIReSearch to be addressed with disclosure for an Enlightening Transparency.... for the Guiding and Gaining Brilliance of Future Tele Vision Share.

Here's a Shared Panic Attack ...... and a Sign in the Times ..... http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article3953909.ece

2. Doug Lynn

10 year computer reseller has witnessed Intel's antitrust behavior

Hi, when Intel ties great discounts on their cpu based on a distributor not sell AMD, thats an antitrust issue. Synnex did this for years with Intel, would not sell AMD 64bit until the antitrust issue came up. Also all the Asian laptop companies started selling AMD laptops. I see all the manufacturers covering their butts as the lawsuit started. And the media overblew the errata AMD has with quad core with L1 cache. Intel has the same errata with their L2 cache memory I heard even today! Do we hear about that? NOOOOOO...... AMD Phenom is the best gaming CPU for the buck with ATI 780G hybrid crossfire HD3450 graphic card running a UT3 engine based game. See the benchmarks at www.lostcircuits.com. My company will no longer sell Intel products, boycott Intel!

3. Matt Bryant Silver badge
    Pirate

RE: Doug Lynn

Well, if my bizz ran UT3 alone I might think you had an argument, but the reality is we have this funny thing called a Real World Business with Business Applications....

AMD got a kicking for trying to hide the fault, delaying the fix, and then slipping on the fix in the first place. AMD made hay whilst it had the better product, now it is trying to litigate its way out of a bad position rather than rely innovation alone. Sure, apart from one home PC which is a company workstation all my homebuild PCs are AMD systems, but that doesn't sway me from the fact that Intel are currently offering the better CPUs for business servers.

4. Highlander

@amanfrommars

Ah, one sided reading and name calling at it's best. The article doesn't help by describing the redacted sections of the brief as censored. I note that the similarly eviscorrated document from AMD reported on only a few days before, the same practise was correctly described as redaction. This is normal practise in such filings to prevent some information that might harm commercial intrests on both sides from being harmed. If you followed the SCO/IBM case you know this to be the case. Oh, but let's not let that truth get in the way of a good kicking huh?

It's fairly ignorant to characterize a redacted document in terms of it being incriminating and suggesting that the redaction is a way of keeping such incriminating evidence from the public eye. Quite apar from the fact that the complete document is filed with the court, the court can release any documents it sees fit to release once the case is over. So whatever is in these and other redacted documents wil in some way enter the public space eventually.

5. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

What do the shareholders think?

To me it seems an awful waste of company resources that at best seem to indicate a valedictory of sorts and at worst a draw that happens to cost many shareholders many a USD.

Should shareholders permit/support/endorse such a use of corporate resources?

ps - I bet the total costs probablt delay next step developments by tying up much needed resources?

6. Brandon
    Heart

lawdawgs and corner stores... rasterized not stirred...

Eh, their lawyers are getting paid, regardless. Might as well put them to work. :)

AMD is a little behind the curve, has been for a while, but I'm a big fan of theirs and (objectively) they're still providing good competition in the market. AMD isn't the mom-and-pop-store to intel's wallyworld, just yet and the future of the home PC and HPC world is far from set in stone. So long as us consumers keep getting the benefit of intel's so-called "discounts", let the lawyers go at it while Microsoft tries to bring us "true" multi-threaded windows applications... oh yeah, I can't wait for my vector-based "Aero" running on 1000, x86 cores... woohoo. But who really cares? I'm struggling to find the motivation for improvement in this tech segment... aside from my own personal affection for games,

7. jeanl

AMD whines

If AMD able to put it's much better faster products to the end user hands, instead of whining and making noise before the product even roll out the production line, Intel will not be succeed no matter what and how it want to.

Shame is, AMD only know how to hype, with once in a lifetime break through help expand it's hype further. Sounds like it ditch a grave for itself than Intel try hard bully them. Fingers pointing is easier to cover their mistakes. AMD should learn from Apple. Keep their freaking mouth shut in all future products until release day and continue innovate it's technology with rapid pace compare to current slower than snail.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like