back to article Pondlife earthquake scammers go mobile

The Chinese earthquake and the Burmese cyclone, like so many other tragedies before them, are being actively exploited by online scammers. Past history involving disasters such as the Indian Ocean tsunami and Hurricane Katrina suggest opportunistic malware attacks themed around these latest events are likely to follow. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

It's Ok

if they are based in China, expect a few executions next year...and maybe the Chinese goverment will do something about hacking sites outside of their country.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cut and paste comment number whatever

Paypal involved in a scam. I don't believe it.

Other than that pondlife is too good a description for some forms of human nature.

3. TrishaD

Chinese Justice

Scammers operating out of China must be either uniquely courageous or uniquely greedy, given the Chinese authorities robust approach to law and order which so often appears to involve a bullet in the back of the head.

A practice I'd normally deplore.

But in this case.......

4. John Macintyre

@Chris W

as Cyrus the virus said in Con Air, they're somewhere between a cockroach and the scum that collects in the corner of your mouth

5. Slaine

pond life

I refer the learned reader to the comment above. Death REALLY is too good for some people.

6. Jon Press

Let them eat cake...

Given the record of "official" websites with legitimate donations:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/10/11/tsunami_hacker_followup/

and add to that the efforts of spammers and scammers, you can begin to understand the mentality of the Burmese regime...

7. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Put em in...

... a special room full of earthquake debris, shake them for 24 hours and then let in cyclonic strength winds!

Make em suffer.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Boring excitement

Sure beats Daniel Cuthbert's break into the DEC website a few years ago..

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like