back to article Lenovo undershoots Wall St as US disappoints

Lenovo today posted fourth quarter results that fell short of analyst forecasts, despite doubling its earnings and seeing strong sales in China and Europe. The Beijing-based firm, which is the world’s fourth biggest PC maker, was hampered by disappointing notebook sales in the economically gloomy US. Total revenues at the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Webster Phreaky
    Alert

Buy a Lenovo .. profits go to the Nuclear Arming of China

This is FACT - Lenovo's MAJORITY owner is the Chinese Communist Party, the profits and most income from sales of Lenovo products puts western money in a TOTALITARIAN Rights Restricting Government that spends MORE than any other nation into it's MILITARY and is threatening to physically over-run Taiwan, a country thats wants to stay INDEPENDENT and DEMOCRATIC and has NOT been part of China since it was seeded LEGALLY in a treaty to Japan in 1852 and liberated by the US in 1945.

Think about that the next time you are even thinking of buying a Lenovo product!

Lenovo is NOT IBM anymore.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Buy Lenovo -

Buy Lenovo, and the red hackers of china will have open door into all your files, and then, to entire network, which maintains your connections. I will better revert to radio with fox or other stupid voice news than pay for chenese hackers enlightnement and entertainment. Think people, what you are paying for!

3. Tim McLendon

Who Would've Thunk-IT

I always wondered how that sale was allowed to happen.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Grow Up

Buying Dell, HP, Compaq is buying from companies that pay taxes in the US, the most power hungry, war mongering country in the world!!!!

It is also the country with the most nukes in the world, and is no longer the bastian of democracy (George Bush managed to "steal" the election in Florida). They developed the Atomic bomb and continue to develop more "sophisticated ways" of maiming and killing. They won't sign up to any treaties (land mines etc).

They have invaded Afganistan and Iraq over the last few years (Iraq was "unjustified" and was done because they threatened to sell oil in Euros.) They are threatening to invade Iran for the same reason.

As well they have 5% of the world's population but use 50% of its energy!!!. Have no respect for the environment. Infact if you look at it they are not much differnent from China!!!.

So Think about that next time you buy HP, Compaq, Dell etc etc.... (Welcome to world politics)

5. Doug Lynn

IBM was smart financially but not politically selling its computer division.

Hi, the hand writing was on the wall, with Dell, HP and now Acer dominating the personal desktop and laptop branded markets. But the still larger indenpendant reseller group sell 40% of the computers in the world still(Clones) They are built to order not off the shelf and lower cost than branded computers. I see why IBM sold to China, since they needed alot of computers cheap but you are right we are supporting Communism, but so many things are made there, I bet everyone has Chinese products in their homes... Even if its US brand, built in China, so they are supported by the USA. People have to eat after all...Just so you, know I have been a computer reseller for 10 years and my best customer is NASA, worked on the GLAST project.

This topic is closed for new posts.