The Channel logo

back to article HP settles patent row with Acer

Acer today confirmed that it has finally settled an ugly ongoing patent spat with Hewlett-Packard. The Taiwan-based computer maker said in a statement: “The confidential settlement agreement resolves all claims asserted in three federal court lawsuits and two United States International Trade Commission investigations between …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Happy

HP Vs Acer

If I were Acer I'd probably now check my rear end for bugging devices.

Thumb Down

Acer

I want to urge Reg readers to NOT buy Acer laptops. Ever.

Pirate

HP and backdoors

is Acer next to be sued for updater software with virii friendly backdoors built in ?

Thumb Up

Why NOT buy Acer?

My Ferrari 4000 has been an absolute workhorse for 3 years now and is still going strong. BY FAR the best laptop I've ever had!

Alien

Re:Why NOT buy Acer

I agree my 9302 is faultless, no exploding power suppliys or PSU (like my old Dell)

And BTW I work a 'HP company'

;-)

Anonymous Coward

Re: why not Acer

3 years ago I bought 3 HP laptops, 2 of them developed screen problems within months. Within the past 2 years,I have bought 4 Acer Laptops, all work perfectly.

Paris Hilton

re: Why NOT buy Acer

I had the original Ferrari and apart from the ingress of excessive amounts of cat hair which clogged the CPU fan and made it overheat and switch off (repaired under warranty with no questions asked), it gave me no trouble at all. Sold it to a mate who's back at Uni doing a Phd and it makes the daily trek to and from home without complaint and also luckily for it, no cat hair.

Paris...'cos I bet she doesn't have all the problems that go with a hairy pussy.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Opinion

Chris Mellor

How long before Blue Big HQ pulls the plug on the whole thing?

Chris Mellor

Drives nails forged with Red Hat iron into VCE's coffin
Sleep Cycle iOS app screenshot

Trevor Pott

Forget big-spending globo biz: it's about the consumer... and he's desperate for a nap

Features

Windows 8.1 Update  Storeapps Taskbar
Chinese Buffet self-service
Chopping down the phone tree to scrump low-hanging fruit
An original member of the System/360 family announced in 1964, the Model 50 was the most powerful unit in the medium price range.
Big Blue's big $5bn bet adjusted, modified, reduced, back for more
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella
Redmond needs to discover the mathematics of trust