back to article Dell coughs to second Vostro laptop keyboard cock-up

Despite admitting a month ago that it had shipped Vostro laptops to Europe with the wrong keyboard, Dell confessed this week that it has made the same blunder again. The computer giant this week emailed UK and Italian buyers of its Vostro 1310 and 1510 notebooks that they've got the wrong keyboard - just as it had to do in May …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Paul

I prefer the wrong one

Easier to find the backslash...

2. pctechxp

surely they'd have noticed

The users that is before Dell pointed out the obvious.

Well, if they buy a Dell what can they expect.

3. Chris Miller
    Thumb Down

Still wrong

If your pics are accurate, they still have the large 'Shift' key, they've just moved the backslash from the left end of the row to the right end and shifted all the other keys one to the left.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

now we know who was laid off in the last round

Must have been in the quality control department.

One wonders what other items are no longer being done after all the reduncancies at Dell, which is why I avoid buying from companies for a while after the ditch people. All those people were doing something (and if they weren't then the managers should have been laid off for incompetence), and after the layoffs, whatever those people were doing isn't getting done. Apparently quality control was deleted as a work item....

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh dear

The silly xubts!

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The previous was perversly pervious?

Sorry, I am just being a smart arse. Nothing to see here.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

Re: now we know who was laid off in the last round

"All those people were doing something (and if they weren't then the managers should have been laid off for incompetence)"

There is a small problem with your theory...

If the managers are laid off, people will realise that they weren't doing anything, then their managers will be laid off, etc, etc all the way up the chain.

All that'll be left are the monkeys on the floor, who will realise that they have no boss and start doing nothing.

Come to think of it, being Dell, this would be a good outcome!

8. Jeff Dickey
    Coat

Dude, you're getting a WHAT?!?

SurfDude: Dude, you're getting a Dell!

Joe6Pack: Oh, shit!

SD: No, dude, seriously, you're getting a Dell!!

J6P: Can I have a root canal instead? Much less painful....

SD: You don't want a classic, all-American computer?

J6P: Not when I am understanding the excellent support gentleman not at all...

SD: OK, how about a Vostro?

J6P: Huh? 'Vosotros' is archaic second-person plural in Spanish....

Dell are a lot like Microsoft. When they started out, you were rooting for them and (usually) enjoyed dealing with them... but now...

Show me a company in any other industry that could repeatedly, knowingly ship defective product and still be near the top in their industry. Only in PCs do we routinely accept such mind-blowingly negligent garbage.

(Mine's the dental coat with the huge bloodstain... Thanks)

9. Dale

Dell's quality control process

Apparently Dell's "own quality control process" works like this:

QA #1: "Hey has that shipment arrived yet?"

QA #2: "Yeah."

10. sheridan

OMG Dell get something wrong.

Stop the press! Dell make a mistake!

If this is the worst piece of news to come from Dell as they slash their Irish workforce, they'll be doing well.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like