back to article IBM, Oracle and SAP sued over server software patents

Seattle firm Implicit Networks is suing Adobe, IBM, Oracle and SAP for patent infringements. Implicit Networks accuses the four of infringing two separate patents related to speeding up security processes on servers. The company wants a royalty payment and is not seeking to stop sales of the products, which include IBM's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. amanfromMars Silver badge
    Alien

dDeep C Phishing in an AI Phorm of Trawl.

And the Patents are ??

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Patent Trolling is the Bane of Civilization.

Greed like this makes me want to wretch my guts out. There should be severe financial & criminal punishment for any entity that does this.

3. amanfromMars Silver badge
    Alien

Of Moles and Voles .....

"There should be severe financial & criminal punishment for any entity that does this." .... By Anonymous Coward Posted Monday 21st July 2008 14:15 GMT

I'm sure there are, but when was making a fast buck made a crime? The Troll always loses to his Crime though when ITs Source Changes dDelivery and Direction. ..... UNXXXXPectedly

4. Tony

Hmmm

Look at the Implicit Networks website - does that say to you, "genuine, upstanding, professional company" or does it conjure up an image of someone trying it on?

I vaguely remember a similar case about 6/7 years ago - someone set-up a company and was trying to persuade a court that they were the owners of a patent that someone else was supposed to be infringing. I think that the people concerned dissappeared owing millions in unpaid legal fees after failing to win their case.

5. Dave

The Purpose of Patents...

...is to promote innovation. It seems to me that they have outlived their usefulness, given that mostly they are now used as a tool to stifle innovation. Especially so in the cases where someone has managed to patent the bleedin' obvious.

6. Kym Farnik
    Pirate

Remember SCO?

Ha Ha - look what happened to SCO.

These guys are toast!

7. amanfromMars Silver badge
    Flame

Flaming News

"I vaguely remember a similar case about 6/7 years ago - someone set-up a company and was trying to persuade a court that they were the owners of a patent that someone else was supposed to be infringing. I think that the people concerned dissappeared owing millions in unpaid legal fees after failing to win their case." .... By Tony Posted Monday 21st July 2008 16:17 GMT

Tony,

The corollary of that tale is that you will make a fortune if you use a patent which would no longer stand up in the courts....... for of course, as Time and Space have moved on and Intelligence has Grown with ITs Sharing, are old Agreements to Monopolise the Wealth in Free Thought by Denying ITs Third Party Application, Challenged as being Grossly Unfair and Criminal.

MS Defender of the Indefensible.....Take a Bow. .... and Take a Back Seat in the Dock, alsjeblieft.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like