Gateway, the US PC maker, has stopped selling PCs online. From here on in, it will sell only through retailers and computer resellers. The move brings the company into line with parent company, Acer, which sells only through the channel. Interestingly enough, Gateway thinks the move will save it money, which goes to show that …
Gateway was built on direct sales
Just like Dell, and Dell continues to sell a large number of PCs via direct sales. This is the kind of decision that has always put Gateway in second place (and now in no place at all) behind Dell.
Gateway is nowhere, bought by Acer
Hi, well thats what happens when you get bought...
- Microsoft won't back down from Windows 10 nagware 'trick'
- Hands-on Surface Book nightmare: Microsoft won't fix 'Sleep of Death' bug
- Bank in the UK? Plans afoot to make YOU liable for bank fraud
- Dropbox gets all up in your kernel with Project Infinite. Cue uproar
- Analysis Are EU having a laugh? Europe passes hopeless cyber-commerce rules