Gateway, the US PC maker, has stopped selling PCs online. From here on in, it will sell only through retailers and computer resellers. The move brings the company into line with parent company, Acer, which sells only through the channel. Interestingly enough, Gateway thinks the move will save it money, which goes to show that …
Gateway was built on direct sales
Just like Dell, and Dell continues to sell a large number of PCs via direct sales. This is the kind of decision that has always put Gateway in second place (and now in no place at all) behind Dell.
Gateway is nowhere, bought by Acer
Hi, well thats what happens when you get bought...
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Comment Has Europe cut the UK adrift on data protection?
- Analysis PEAK LANDFILL: Why tablet gloom is good news for Windows users
- AVG stung as search revenue from freebie scanners dries up
- Call off the firing squad: HP grants stay of execution to OpenVMS