Gateway, the US PC maker, has stopped selling PCs online. From here on in, it will sell only through retailers and computer resellers. The move brings the company into line with parent company, Acer, which sells only through the channel. Interestingly enough, Gateway thinks the move will save it money, which goes to show that …
Gateway was built on direct sales
Just like Dell, and Dell continues to sell a large number of PCs via direct sales. This is the kind of decision that has always put Gateway in second place (and now in no place at all) behind Dell.
Gateway is nowhere, bought by Acer
Hi, well thats what happens when you get bought...
- NOKIA - Not FINNished yet! BEHOLD the somewhat DULL MYSTERY DEVICE!
- That dreaded syncing feeling: Will Microsoft EVER fix OneDrive?
- 'Regin': The 'New Stuxnet' spook-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON described
- Windows Phone will snatch biz No 2 spot from Android – analyst
- Microsoft's Azure goes TITSUP PLANET-WIDE AGAIN in cloud FAIL