back to article Cisco's Q4 sails over US economic slump

"Despite" is clearly the golden word for financial reports of major US tech corporations. If a company is massive enough, it's got tendrils wrapped outside the sluggish domestic market. Investors demand growth — and desired numbers presently lie abroad in emerging markets such as China and India. Cisco, often used as a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ondrej Doubek

not sure why they're put together ?

"Mexico and Russia (we're not sure why they're put together either)"

You can throw in Brazil, too, if You like. Due to a very different business culture and a different interpretation of "truth" You need to be made from a special kind of wood to deal with those countries if You are raised in a rather, how do I say, tame society.

Let's compare it to a card game:

If You play cards in, say, a Scandinavian country with a fella, and he cheats You, You will wrap it up and not play with him anymore.

In the named countries the card game will be only a facade. The real game is about who cheats whom smarter. And nobody gets upset! In the contrary, the better cheater gets a lot of respect for his skills.

That's where they are similar. Having them handled by the same team makes a lot sense to me.

Please note that I don't mean to judge here. Different country, different customs. Me personally, I love Brazil ;-)

2. Poul Malmkjaer-Mason

You don't mention the Storage devision

Interesting omission in your article:

Storage is the only area singled out as losing market - in Mr. Chambers own words "and storage was down approximately 14%. "

I know I have a bias here, but with Cisco being the only other real player in the SAN market place, i think it worth a mention.

Poul

3. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

Brazil, Russia, Mexico

They're all in the next tier of countries under the G7/8, lumping them together shows how you're doing in developing markets.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like