back to article Dell extends laptop warranties to cover duff Nvidia GPUs

Dell has extended the warranties on certain laptops that incorporate Nvidia GPUs by a further 12 months. The scheme, announced yesterday, covers owners of Precision M65, M2300 and M4300 workstations; the Inspiron 1420; Latitude D620, D630, D630c, D820 and D830; Vostro 1310, 100, 1510 and 1710; and XPS M1330 and M1530. All of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Jonathan Portwood
    Thumb Up

Good on yer Dell!!!

Finally it's nice to see a 'big' corporation take the responsibility for a fault, up-front, and not have to be goaded into doing something by their disgruntled customers, even though, as in this case, the actual fault is that of a supplier!

My only dissappointment is that my particular Dell model isn't mentioned. I have a Vostro 1700 (purchased in March 2008) which has the exact same nVidia GeForce 8600M GT graphics card that the Vostro 1710 has in it. Also my system was purchased and so built by Dell within what must have been the period that nVidia were supplying the duff GPUs!!!

I'd love to know exactly how nVidia and Dell have come up with a list of the models that are likely to be effected, especially as nVidia initially only admitted to supplying the duff GPUs to HP!!!!

Thankfully I've so far seen no problems on my particular system and I already have the extended (3 year) warranty, so hopefully if anything does go wrong it'll be within that time frame!!!

Jonathan.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like