back to article Oracle's Ellison spanked for withholding evidence in shareholder suit

A federal judge has upbraided Oracle CEO Larry Ellison for withholding evidence in a class-action suit brought by company stockholders. Yesterday, Bloomberg reports, US District Court Judge Susan Illston ruled that Ellison failed to preserve or intentionally destroyed emails and audio recordings that should have been turned …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. amanfromMars Silver badge
    Alien

Fancy Footwork... Dumb Moves.

May I be the first to say that it all sounds very Crooked. I trust that is not ambiguous and that is my view shared here on this page.

2. ben

Should have automated the process

You would have thought that Oracle would have automatic eDiscovery & archiving.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

@ben

They do, Ellison would have just had those records erased as well. Whilst he is the companies Top Dog, he's not stupid when it comes to technical details and will have had any backups/archiving destroyed along with the actual source data.

Why the Judge 'chose not to sanction' Ellison, is a mystery, its obvious the guys hiding stuff, so stick in San Quentin with all the rappists, that'll teach hima few new tricks

AC - Cause I have to work here!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

He's 'avin' a larf!

So, the head of probably the world's biggest and supposedly best database company didn't 'dogfood' his own company's products?

All those white papers about best-practice in data-warehousing and data-mining, and all those tools too... anyone would think they were only there to wring more license fees out of users rather than actually do something useful :)

Larry "Do As I Say, Not As I Do" Ellison.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Oh dear Lord!

"Larry Ellison spanked", I thought we were into some weird Max Mosely thing for a minuet! You do realise I was in middle of my lunch when I read that and quite frankly I don't want to eat spagbol ever again!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like