back to article Enterprises throw caution to the wind in 802.11n rush

The wireless industry changes at the speed of light and so do the attitudes of its customers. Five years ago, amid the intense nervousness of enterprises about adopting pre-standard fast Wi-Fi standards or insecure - Wi-Fi at all - who would have predicted the carefree abandonment with which corporates are now embracing pre- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Steve Foster

Early adoption???

802.11n has been stalled in the standards process for what seems like eons. We've had pre-N kit on the market for what - 2, 3, more? - years now. It's no wonder companies and individuals alike are making the move.

2. Yorkshirepudding
    Alert

G Thang

give me G over N anytime, N is a pile of crap, only good for internal networking. but yet people still think that faster wifi means faster broadband. but then thats just my customers that have an IQ that would make a glass of water blush.

i might just go into the PC world tonight and wait for some hapless person to pickup an N router and steer them away

3. Bo Pedersen
    Thumb Up

@G Thang

Do you have any technical evidence to prop up why I should remain with my .G router over a new .N one? there are 2 machines on my home network that would immediately benefit from greater communication with each other.

Yes we all know that Broadband is slower than your network connection, but think of those wireless external hard drives etc. all would benefit from better connection speeds

not to mention streaming media to a big telly (I will have one, one day .....)

To me DraftN is the next step, and considering minimal price differences in kit, is the way to go.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Alien

"traditional standards processes" are too slow, we want ,you give or loose out,simple.

to put it simply, "traditional standards making processes" are too slow, we want ,you give or loose out,simple.

"G Thang

By Yorkshirepudding Posted Monday 15th September 2008 12:33 GMT

give me G over N anytime, N is a pile of crap, only good for internal networking. but yet people still think that faster wifi means faster broadband. but then thats just my customers that have an IQ that would make a glass of water blush.

i might just go into the PC world tonight and wait for some hapless person to pickup an N router and steer them away

"

well comeing from a Yorkshireman we couldnt expect any better thinking than that, after all you couldnt even make pastys ;)

its appears you dont understand 11n can also do 11g and 11b forthat matter and it does it far better infact as you have a far better CPU inside the router to cope with far greater data throughput that 11n gets you, alongside better coverage,noise cancelation and al the other trimmings your great and goos 111g only router cant even come close to.

do your research you pudding and get your antiquated yorkshire head out of the closed coal pit, or at least but in some good tea from china, yorkshire tea is werse than even what those american imigrants tiped in the post.

This topic is closed for new posts.