IBM is adding a space-efficient virtual desktop image storage capability to its thin client Virtual Infrastructure Access (VIA) services today, as part of its addition of VMware virtual desktops to existing support for Windows, Unix, and Linux, and mainframe application access. VIA, announced in February this year, is a managed …
VDI == Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, which is VMware's term for a particular virtualization approach to serving up virtual desktops. Admittedly, the acronym for virtual desktop, VD, leaves something to be desired.
ah yes, the old style comments
channelregister hasn't yet been corrupted with the new style sheets etc. What a breath of fresh air.
The list of comment titles at the bottom is sorely missed.
- UK government officially adopts Open Document Format
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Worstall on Wednesday HP, Microsoft prove it again: Big Business doesn't create jobs
- Microsoft unsheathes cheap Android-killer: Behold, the Lumia 530