IBM is adding a space-efficient virtual desktop image storage capability to its thin client Virtual Infrastructure Access (VIA) services today, as part of its addition of VMware virtual desktops to existing support for Windows, Unix, and Linux, and mainframe application access. VIA, announced in February this year, is a managed …
VDI == Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, which is VMware's term for a particular virtualization approach to serving up virtual desktops. Admittedly, the acronym for virtual desktop, VD, leaves something to be desired.
ah yes, the old style comments
channelregister hasn't yet been corrupted with the new style sheets etc. What a breath of fresh air.
The list of comment titles at the bottom is sorely missed.
- NOKIA - Not FINNished yet! BEHOLD the somewhat DULL MYSTERY DEVICE!
- That dreaded syncing feeling: Will Microsoft EVER fix OneDrive?
- Microsoft's Azure goes TITSUP PLANET-WIDE AGAIN in cloud FAIL
- Windows Phone will snatch biz No 2 spot from Android – analyst
- Giant bank IT cockup of 2012 'could have brought down ENTIRE financial system'