IBM is adding a space-efficient virtual desktop image storage capability to its thin client Virtual Infrastructure Access (VIA) services today, as part of its addition of VMware virtual desktops to existing support for Windows, Unix, and Linux, and mainframe application access. VIA, announced in February this year, is a managed …
VDI == Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, which is VMware's term for a particular virtualization approach to serving up virtual desktops. Admittedly, the acronym for virtual desktop, VD, leaves something to be desired.
ah yes, the old style comments
channelregister hasn't yet been corrupted with the new style sheets etc. What a breath of fresh air.
The list of comment titles at the bottom is sorely missed.
- Microsoft won't back down from Windows 10 nagware 'trick'
- Hands-on Surface Book nightmare: Microsoft won't fix 'Sleep of Death' bug
- Bank in the UK? Plans afoot to make YOU liable for bank fraud
- Dropbox gets all up in your kernel with Project Infinite. Cue uproar
- Samsung: Don't install Windows 10. REALLY