IBM is adding a space-efficient virtual desktop image storage capability to its thin client Virtual Infrastructure Access (VIA) services today, as part of its addition of VMware virtual desktops to existing support for Windows, Unix, and Linux, and mainframe application access. VIA, announced in February this year, is a managed …
VDI == Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, which is VMware's term for a particular virtualization approach to serving up virtual desktops. Admittedly, the acronym for virtual desktop, VD, leaves something to be desired.
ah yes, the old style comments
channelregister hasn't yet been corrupted with the new style sheets etc. What a breath of fresh air.
The list of comment titles at the bottom is sorely missed.
- Pic What's Meg Whitman fussing over: The fate of HP ... or the font on a DISRUPTIVE new logo?
- Election 2015 Conservative manifesto: 5G, 'near universal' broadband and free mobes for PC Dixon
- EU says dominant Google ILLEGALLY FIDDLES search results
- Microsoft points at Skype, Lync: You two, in my office – right now
- Election 2015 Labour manifesto: Tech Bacc, not-spot zapping and hi-speed interwebs