back to article EC to drag fibre from incumbents' greedy paws

European Commissioner for Competition Neelie Kroes is proposing a radical shake up of telco competition in Europe which she hopes will stimulate aggressive deployment of fibre to the home across Europe - what the Commission calls Next Generation Access (NGA). What she is trying to do right now is get agreement on a Europe-wide …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Sooner the better....

My ISP's connection has suddenly become unusable for gaming, they're claiming everything suddenly got busier about a month ago...

2. Matthew Ellen

why the 5 extra letters?

The word is method. Methodology is the study or science of methods. You're not talking about that, you're talking about the use of a method for calculating the proper rate of return. Stop trying to sound clever.

3. Phil Hannent

@JonB

Advertising creates surges in demand like that.

In my experience you are better off paying more for a lower contention broadband, the lower the broadband price the higher the contention and the higher your ping rate.

If your downloading videos or music you will not care about ping rates but for gaming you have to pay a little bit more to get off the same pipe as then P2Pers.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

@Phil

Depressing though, the connection was great for almost 2 years and just the last couple of weeks, it's become unusable.

I'm sure you're right about the P2P traffic, it only takes a few to really swamp a connection.

Time to go ISP hunting again.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Oh Sure.

Is this from the same office that last year said fiber to the home was 'not for the foreseeable future'? Ha ha ha.. yeah right. Don't get your hopes up, see you in 2030 when we're still waiting for improvements on yesterday's tech. :)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like