back to article Apathy comes easy to OpenAjax Alliance

The OpenAjax Alliance is once again finding it tough to enlist support for its projects, despite representing some of the biggest players - with the most resources - in software biz and on online. The 2008 Open Ajax Alliance InteropFest a project set up in June to promote compatibility demonstrations for AJAX tools, libraries …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Dispatch war rocket Ajax to bring back...

Ajax is a made up term, not even original, and JavaScript has always been open.

The term Ajax has done more harm than good, it is JavaScript nothing more nothing less.

JavaScript is a good embedded scripting language, it hits the sweet spot just right.

When you start adding libraries (and I use the term loosely), you add complexity to the script that needn't be there. JavaScript can run quite lean and mean, but not with a load of Don'tJo, Untaculous, or lets use a base of Javascript and amutotype from there.

Call it EMCAScript or JavaScript and be done with it - then there might be interest, but Ajax as a concept is just wrong. See, no one wants the VBScripters, they do everyone's heads in, and that is what AJAX was encouraging.

2. Jon Double Nice

I like jquery alot

But that's not really ajax I guess, although it is a library. Adobe Spry is pretty natty. It has very good documentation which is the hardest thing to come by for an AJAX framework.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Apathy

Meh.

4. Dave

What's it all about.

That's it really. What is OpenAjax all about. Every time I hear about them, I go visit the site to see what's going on, and what's happening.

The answer is always: "nothing much"

What's the point: "not sure"

What are they trying to achieve ???

5. Kevin Bailey

XUL will rule

I get the feeling that some AJAX is pushing javascript too far.

I also get a nice warm fuzzy feeling when checking out XUL - check out the FireFTP FireFox add-on to see what's possible.

This topic is closed for new posts.