back to article What's to become of Fujitsu Siemens?

It could be a happy Christmas for Fujitsu Siemens Computers, with its continuing existence confirmed by that date. FSC is jointly-owned by Fujitsu and Siemens. In a renewed rush to become profitable, Siemens bosses have looked at FSC and thought they could get a better return on their capital elsewhere. They have been talking …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. James Anderson

SUN

They could always buy SUN and become a real hardware manufacturer again!

2. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Coat

Siemens no longer in tech business...

...will now open grocery chains across Europe. Film at 11.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Business as usual...

As an ex-Siemens employee and product manager (early 90's) that winded up in Siemens Nixdorf (SNI) after that merger... no surprise that there are problems and likely have been since the merger.

Siemens never really understood the PC, server and networking markets beyond possibly their own local market. SNI failed miserably, with the majority of regions posting losses year after year. Synergy was not working, despite the slogan that claim the contrary. First hand seeing that the Nixdorf culture and the Siemens DIS (Data Information Services) culture did and could not mix, I always wondered, after the demise of SNI, how on earth Siemens Fujitsu managed to combine their different cultures into an effective working environment that can turn a profit?. Which is a pity as undoubtedly there are excellent products and excellent technical staff in the company.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Linux

Let's hope they disappear into a blackhole of their own making

"excellent products and excellent technical staff"!! Rubbish! Fujitsu Siemen's line of "Industry Standard" server products is a nightmare for the Linux support engineer. Each has different disc controller hardware which is typically only supported for a specific set of kernels. Give me HP any day.

Oh, and their laptops are over-priced and under-specced.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Wish 'em'luck

About 2 years ago when I was in charge of IT at an adult educational centre, I purchased 25 of their laptops for classroom use. Within 3 months, over 25% had been replaced / repaired under warranty for various failures, none of which were related to damage by the students.

"excellent products and excellent technical staff" What a load of rancid dingo's kidneys.

Paris because even she knows rancid dingo's kidnays when she sees them.

6. dervheid

To the tune of "Drunken sailor"

What's to become of Fujitsu Siemens?

Who really gives a monkey's?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like