back to article Symantec plans layoffs as sales fall short

Symantec has announced plans to cut its wage bill by 4.5 per cent in a move likely to means hundreds of people will lose their jobs with the security and storage software firm. Chief financial officer James Beer also detailed previously announced plans to outsource work done by its IT and finance departments during a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Not suprised

Well I am not suprised. End point is awful. I am migrating all my customers to Kaspersky.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not surprised either

I went through a phase when I was reporting far more virus-laden emails to Symantec than their software was flagging to me. Sick also of their flaky LiveUpdate and its meaningless 4-digit numeric error codes (the "solution" to all of which, reportedly, is "to uninstall then reinstall"). I jumped ship several years back - can't really explain why I didn't jump sooner.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

The Pain

I am also not surprised, Backup Exec is getting more and more unreliable

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Symantec is one big error.

"meaningless 4-digit numeric error codes (the "solution" to all of which, reportedly, is "to uninstall then reinstall")."

Ah sounds like Backup Exec. It prefers strings of mindless numeric error codes, actually we blogged about this just a day or 2 ago....

http://backupexec-hell.blogspot.com/

Since Symantec took over Backup Exec it's been a downward spiral.

5. Tails
    Thumb Down

We want the OLD Norton back!

I ditched NAV and Norton Internet (In)Security about a couple years or so and stuck to only using Norton Utilities (version 2002 mind you). Last decent Norton around till someone got the idea to bugger NU by putting it so that the only way you can use it anymore is through Norton SystemWorks (aka Norton Clusterf**k). Since then, I've been a happy happy avast! user and I've been taking a lot of complaints from friends about the new Norton line.

So with no further ado, up yours Symantec!

6. Mike C
    Paris Hilton

Also not surprised

Bloated $#itware, perfectly describes what symantec products are.

How can anyone be surprised that sales & revenues are falling.

Even Paris would know enough not to install anything that comes in a yellow box with the N word on it.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like