The Channel logo

back to article It's official: Siemens sells out to Fujitsu

Siemens is selling its 50 per cent stake in Fujitsu-Siemens Computers to Fujitsu. Fujitsu is paying €450m for the half share, and the deal is expected to close 1 April 2009. During negotiations FSC's president and CEO Bernd Bischoff resigned for personal reasons - he will be replaced by current CFO Kai Flore. The deal will …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Boffin

Oh great...

Just when my F-S laptop is beginning to go a little wayward and in need of repair, the company sells up!

I've got a Fujitsu-Siemens laptop.

Does this mean I get a new badge for the lid?

Bronze badge
Unhappy

So, Nokia SIEMENS Networks next???

How long before THIS 'joint venture' - with it seems, the majority of the new middle management not wishing for us Brits to mention the war or 1966, goes tits-up. Seen the operating margin recently? Pants!

<<Operating loss in Nokia Siemens Networks was EUR 1 million (EUR 120 million), representing an operating margin of 0% (-3.3%). >>

As an aside, from Nokia's Investor pages, the following gem leaps up:

...The planned reorganization is estimated to have an **impact** on approximately 130 NRC employees globally, of which a maximum of 100 are in Finland....

IMPACT?? Yep, had that awhile ago, when made redundant. It means a smack in the bollocks with a very large hammer. Now, that's quite an **impact**.

Siemens going back into heavy machinery? Tanks, artillery, maybe?

Unhappy

typical innit?

Had my Fujitsu Siemens tower for over 8 years with never a glitch.

No wonder Fujitsu want to ditch the PC market having made their PC's so reliable.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Opinion

Love

Chris Mellor

Tandberg and Sphere3D deals offer hope after 18 bad ones
Fraud image
Openstack log

Features

No, silly... he was the fall guy for years of Finnish folly
Fraud image
Frodo and the Ring
Microsoft's strategy is to make Store apps popular. Good luck with that