back to article Computacenter denies stringing along small biz

The UK's largest reseller Computacenter has denied claims it has doubled its payment terms for small suppliers. According to the Forum of Private Business, backed by The Sun, Computacenter doubled the time it takes to pay small suppliers from 30 to 60 days and gave them just days to respond. The FSB made Computacenter the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anony mouse
    Pirate

Nice to know

seeing as the company i work for is just me and the boss (don't get much smaller) and we're on 60 days with computacenter..

must mean we're bigger than we thought...

and they screwed up the last payment run.. so they reckon.. which means they're even more behind this month

2. Pete James

Normal practice

Not really surprised about CC doing this. They just want to make a few extra pennies interest on the cash coming in before it goes out and screw their channel. Why on earth people buy from them is beyond me and has puzzled me for over 15 years now. In fact if CC and Dell went bump I'd be quite happy actually.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

large distributors my a**e

We are a small company with just 20 people and we have been forced onto 60 days. It was made pretty clear that refusal would affect our supplier status.

Maybe the Reg should canvas readers to find out who the 60 suppliers are and how big they are. I bet many of them read this.

I also bet that Microsoft, HP, etc didn't go 60 days.

This topic is closed for new posts.