A sign of ongoing weak supplies of Intel's Atom - or a signal to the chip giant that it needs to pull its fabrication finger out. Whatever, Acer has hinted it may look elsewhere for its next netbook processor. According to OEM sources cited by DigiTimes, Acer might go for an AMD CPU, or it might turn to VIA for the the machine …
You would hope so too! Pointless spin from Intel.
Still, using another processor might mean they can dump Intel's crappy power-hungry chipset and make the machine both fanless and have better battery life.
- Microsoft: We're hiking UK cloud prices 22%. Stop whining – it's the Brexit
- Despite best efforts, fewer and fewer women are working in tech
- And so we enter day seven of King's College London major IT outage
- Thanks, IoT vendors: your slack attitude will get regulators moving
- AMD is a rounding error on Intel's spreadsheet and that sucks for us all