Better mousetraps selling for less money seem a good idea in straightened times. That's what a South African system integrator has built and is using to expand into the UK. The product is QuickRecover, a de-duplicating mainframe virtual tape library (VTL). Shoden Data Systems partners with Hitachi Data Systems, Luminex, Data …
"strip out repetitive patterns at block level and so greatly reduce the amount of data actually written to disk."
Err...so what makes that different from conventional data compression?
...If this is a Lego approach then it is "de-duplo"?
- Superfish 2.0: Dell ships laptops, PCs with huge internet security hole
- Windows 10 pilot rollouts will surge in early 2016, says Gartner
- Dell: How to kill that web security hole we put in your laptops, PCs
- Exclusive Oracle confesses to quietly axing its UK software support centre
- Windows 8.1 exams kept alive six more months, Win 7 tests immortal