Better mousetraps selling for less money seem a good idea in straightened times. That's what a South African system integrator has built and is using to expand into the UK. The product is QuickRecover, a de-duplicating mainframe virtual tape library (VTL). Shoden Data Systems partners with Hitachi Data Systems, Luminex, Data …
"strip out repetitive patterns at block level and so greatly reduce the amount of data actually written to disk."
Err...so what makes that different from conventional data compression?
...If this is a Lego approach then it is "de-duplo"?
- Women! You too can be 'cool' and 'fun' if you work in tech!
- Microsoft to push out penultimate XP patch on March Patch Tuesday
- What do you mean there are no Surface Pros? HAND 'EM OVER, yell Microsoft resellers
- Happy 75th birthday, Adam Osborne
- Nutanix photo-bombs VMware's selfie with delayed patent release