Better mousetraps selling for less money seem a good idea in straightened times. That's what a South African system integrator has built and is using to expand into the UK. The product is QuickRecover, a de-duplicating mainframe virtual tape library (VTL). Shoden Data Systems partners with Hitachi Data Systems, Luminex, Data …
"strip out repetitive patterns at block level and so greatly reduce the amount of data actually written to disk."
Err...so what makes that different from conventional data compression?
...If this is a Lego approach then it is "de-duplo"?
- Analysis New UK trade deals would not compensate for loss of single market membership
- The calm before the storm: AMD's Zen bears down on Intel CPUs
- iPhone: Apple's Mac battle with Windows rebooted
- HPE sharpens knife for next salami-slicing staff redundo round
- Cisco axes up to 5,500 workers in scramble to remain relevant