Better mousetraps selling for less money seem a good idea in straightened times. That's what a South African system integrator has built and is using to expand into the UK. The product is QuickRecover, a de-duplicating mainframe virtual tape library (VTL). Shoden Data Systems partners with Hitachi Data Systems, Luminex, Data …
"strip out repetitive patterns at block level and so greatly reduce the amount of data actually written to disk."
Err...so what makes that different from conventional data compression?
...If this is a Lego approach then it is "de-duplo"?
- Free Windows 10 upgrade: Time is running out... should you do it?
- Updated Microsoft ordered to fix 'excessively intrusive, insecure' Windows 10
- BT customers hit by broadband outage ... again
- Softbank promises stronger ARM: Greater overseas reach and double the UK jobs
- Web meltdown: BT feels heat from angry punters