Better mousetraps selling for less money seem a good idea in straightened times. That's what a South African system integrator has built and is using to expand into the UK. The product is QuickRecover, a de-duplicating mainframe virtual tape library (VTL). Shoden Data Systems partners with Hitachi Data Systems, Luminex, Data …
"strip out repetitive patterns at block level and so greatly reduce the amount of data actually written to disk."
Err...so what makes that different from conventional data compression?
...If this is a Lego approach then it is "de-duplo"?
- Review Windows 10: THE ULTIMATE GUIDE to Microsoft's long apology for Windows 8
- Comment Windows 10 marks the end of 'pay once, use forever' software
- MORE Windows 10 bugs! Too many Start menu apps BREAK it
- Comment No, Microsoft: Your one-billion Windows 10 goal is just sad ... really sad
- HP insists 'we don't have a global dress code' – while deleting one from its website