Fujitsu Siemens Computers is firing 700 employees in Germany to increase its profitability in a move it says is not connected to Fujitsu's buying out of Siemens AG's 50 per cent holding in FSC. FSC is jointly owned by Siemens and Fujitsu, but Siemens is selling out, receiving €450m ($580.5m) for its half share as it wants to …
<jaded rant>Based on earlier experience with the Bavarian types:
If FSC is laying off people in Germany, it means they've already slashed non-German units well into the bone, and will at long last start trimming the overhanging fat in Germany.
Yes, it's hard to fire people in Germany. But it's not as hard as they pretend.
Shouldn't that be...
Auf Wiedersehen, Pet?
- Microsoft: Profit DECIMATED because you people aren't buying PCs
- Microsoft to offer special Surface 3 for schools
- Election 2015 Surveillance, broadband, zero hours: Tech policy in a UK hung Parliament
- It's official: David Brents are the weakest link in phishing attacks
- What's broken in this week's Windows 10 build? Try the Start Menu, for one