Fujitsu Siemens Computers is firing 700 employees in Germany to increase its profitability in a move it says is not connected to Fujitsu's buying out of Siemens AG's 50 per cent holding in FSC. FSC is jointly owned by Siemens and Fujitsu, but Siemens is selling out, receiving €450m ($580.5m) for its half share as it wants to …
<jaded rant>Based on earlier experience with the Bavarian types:
If FSC is laying off people in Germany, it means they've already slashed non-German units well into the bone, and will at long last start trimming the overhanging fat in Germany.
Yes, it's hard to fire people in Germany. But it's not as hard as they pretend.
Shouldn't that be...
Auf Wiedersehen, Pet?
- Exclusive HP slaps dress code on R&D geeks: Bin that T-shirt, put on this tie
- Analysis Ballmer's billion-dollar blunders: When he gambled Microsoft's money and lost
- Microsoft has RECORD quarter, in a BAD way - Sad Nad slashes phone biz
- BREAKING NEWS: Apple makes money
- Exclusive + analysis How to waste two years and lose $415m: Cisco's now-dead Whiptail deal