Fujitsu Siemens Computers is firing 700 employees in Germany to increase its profitability in a move it says is not connected to Fujitsu's buying out of Siemens AG's 50 per cent holding in FSC. FSC is jointly owned by Siemens and Fujitsu, but Siemens is selling out, receiving €450m ($580.5m) for its half share as it wants to …
<jaded rant>Based on earlier experience with the Bavarian types:
If FSC is laying off people in Germany, it means they've already slashed non-German units well into the bone, and will at long last start trimming the overhanging fat in Germany.
Yes, it's hard to fire people in Germany. But it's not as hard as they pretend.
Shouldn't that be...
Auf Wiedersehen, Pet?
- 'I urge everyone to fight back' – woman wins $10k from Microsoft over Windows 10 misery
- Osborne on Leave limbo: Travel and trade stay unchanged
- BREXIT UK digi strategy on ice post Brexit results - sources
- Tesco Mobile does what? Hahahahahahaha. Sorry customers
- MPs of Europe unite: Listen up big biz, air your tax deals in public