Fujitsu Siemens Computers is firing 700 employees in Germany to increase its profitability in a move it says is not connected to Fujitsu's buying out of Siemens AG's 50 per cent holding in FSC. FSC is jointly owned by Siemens and Fujitsu, but Siemens is selling out, receiving €450m ($580.5m) for its half share as it wants to …
<jaded rant>Based on earlier experience with the Bavarian types:
If FSC is laying off people in Germany, it means they've already slashed non-German units well into the bone, and will at long last start trimming the overhanging fat in Germany.
Yes, it's hard to fire people in Germany. But it's not as hard as they pretend.
Shouldn't that be...
Auf Wiedersehen, Pet?
- If you wanted Windows 10, it looks like you've already installed it
- Safe Harbour ruled INVALID: Facebook 'n' pals' data slurp at risk
- US tries one last time to sway EU court on data-slurping deal
- Microsoft's big Tuesday reveal: New mobiles and slabs? Win 10 shock?
- By the numbers: The virtualisation options for private cloud hopefuls