Fujitsu Siemens Computers is firing 700 employees in Germany to increase its profitability in a move it says is not connected to Fujitsu's buying out of Siemens AG's 50 per cent holding in FSC. FSC is jointly owned by Siemens and Fujitsu, but Siemens is selling out, receiving €450m ($580.5m) for its half share as it wants to …
<jaded rant>Based on earlier experience with the Bavarian types:
If FSC is laying off people in Germany, it means they've already slashed non-German units well into the bone, and will at long last start trimming the overhanging fat in Germany.
Yes, it's hard to fire people in Germany. But it's not as hard as they pretend.
Shouldn't that be...
Auf Wiedersehen, Pet?
- Windows XP market share GROWS AGAIN, outstrips Win 8.1 surge
- Dell charges £16 TO INSTALL FIREFOX on PCs – Mozilla is miffed
- Women! You too can be 'cool' and 'fun' if you work in tech!
- Microsoft to get in XP users' faces with one last warning
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge