back to article Apple dealer buys its way into the Midlands

Square Group Limited, the Apple reseller, has bought Gordon Harwood Computers, an Apple dealer based in Alfreton and Derby. GHC decided it needed to be part of a bigger organisation if it was to thrive and survive in future. For 26 years it's been selling Apple kit by mail order, retail and online. Darren King, Managing …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Charles Mason

GHC Were Brillant

I have used GHC for at least a decade. There staff were all extremely knowledgeable and helpful. The prices were reasonable as well. They truly were a brilliant place to buy a computer from and model for every other retailer.

I really hope they manage to keep these qualities under the new ownership. I did wonder how they would cope as the Apple Stores encroach on their area and I guess we have the answer.

2. David Haworth

WOW

I hadn't realised that GHC still existed. I'm sure I once bought a GVP 500 external 52MB SCSI HD and memory bank for my Amiga 500 from them, way back when.

Dave

3. Matt Thornton
    Thumb Down

Slow news day?

Erm... so an Apple reseller bought another Apple reseller and both will continue to resell Apple stuff?

How is this news?

4. Kevin Ault

@David Haworth

Yes they still exist.

They moved from above the chemist years ago to Hall St, I think.

Went from selling Amiga stuff and others to just apple.

I bought Amstrad and two Amigas from them back in 85/86ish

This topic is closed for new posts.