back to article Dell moving into GlassHouse?

Back in December 2007, a confident GlassHouse Technologies, sensing good prospects in its services and consulting area, filed for an IPO. In the spring of 2008, it entered a strategic partnership with Dell, made another acquisition - and then the recession happened. The company has started firing people as it cuts costs and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Good deal, for Dell maybe

The problem GlassHouse have is that Dell are looking to acquire them cheaply. It's no secret that GlassHouse are suffering badly in the recession (hence the departure of Curtis Preston who was in many ways the face of the company) and the mainly US based investors want to see a return.

GlassHouse are also known to be struggling on the Managed Services front having recently had to let most of their UK based staff go.

2. Gordon
    Coat

Am I the only one

Who was hoping Michael Dell was being sent to Charle's Stross' future distopian prison?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Dell takeover

Maybe its a good idea that someone like Dell takeover Glasshouse - it would give them a lifeline. They had some really good people in the business who were true experts in the storage business, but the senior management were only ever focussed on an IPO and when that evaporated the business plan crumbled.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

James444

Personally speaking, I think Glasshouse Technologies would be an excellent choice for Dell. As for Glasshouse being sold cheaply, what planet are you on? Haven’t you been reading the papers or listening to the news lately? This Credit Crunch means that ALL companies are struggling to go IPO at the moment, and that they are extremely unlikely to get the price they want if they are acquired by another company! What's new? As for letting people go, I guess they’re no different from other company, in that they can only afford to keep people who can justify their existence, especially when there’s a global recession happening!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like