back to article Lenovo shares suspended

Shares of Lenovo have been suspended ahead of an expected restructuring announcement from the computer maker tomorrow (8 January). The Beijing-based vendor said yesterday that the shares had been suspended pending the release of “price-sensitive information”, according to Reuters. Last week influential Chinese magazine …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Another online paper

claims a management/organizational reshuffle

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/Stock%20News/2111497/

2. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

I miss my Thinkpad...

...I wish IBM would never have sold the Thinkpad product line to Lenovo. The old IBM Thinkpads were solid workhorse machines backed by a company that always took care of me. Sure I paid a premium price in the marketplace, but I got a good value.

With Lenovo... Not so good. We are with another vendor now for laptops. Oh well.

3. Peter Gathercole Silver badge
    Thumb Down

@AC

I agree. The old IBM branded Thinkpads, built in places like Greenock were rock solid.

I pick up my old T23, and still think it is a good piece of kit. My current personal workhorse is a T30 (on which I am typing this), which shows where things started going wrong, but is still quite nice. I have just been provided with a T60 by my employer, which I am beginning to hate. I mean, why put all the sockets on the side rather than the back?

Once Lenovo started adding their own ideas, they lost sight of what business laptops were all about, and just became another manufacturer.

4. moonoi
    Thumb Down

@ Peter

Hmm, but the T60 was also designed by IBM prior to the Lenovo aquisition, and I think its great. Much better than the old T41 that it replaced and I luckily got it just before my employer switched to Dell.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Design

"Once Lenovo started adding their own ideas, they lost sight of what business laptops were all about, and just became another manufacturer."

Does that mean they replaced the designers. Normally, companies keep design in the US / Europe and contract out manufacturing to lower cost countries. An example is Apple.

Anyone know if Lenovo got rid of the IBM designers?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like