back to article AMD to axe 1,100 (more) jobs

AMD plans to slash its workforce by 9 per cent beginning next month, while temporarily reducing wages from its CEO down to hourly workers. "As a result of the continuing global economic downturn, we have determined that we need to take difficult, but prudent, actions designed to reduce costs," AMD said in a statement. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dustin

Well, this may be good in the long run

Hopefully they scrape off a bunch of uselss marketing and MBA douchebags and make the company more efficiently run. In every large company there are many people that do not carry thier weight, I just hope it's them that get the AXE and not some random selection based on ill informed execu-whim.

2. Joe K
    Dead Vulture

Hey Reg icon bods

Its about time we had a icon of Zorg (Gary Oldman) from the Fifth Element, just as he turns and emotionlessly says:

"Fire one million"

3. Gordon Grant
    Thumb Up

Pay cut

I like the range of the pay cuts those at the top taking the biggest temporary hit.

I do hope they don't just get rid of the employees by the numbers rather by the skills they have, although marketing should take a good hit, I mean I do sometimes wonder what planet these "marketing" types are on...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like