back to article EMC paints go-faster stripes on Celerra

EMC will announce a souped-up Celerra product line with capacity upgrades, file-level de-duplication and flash solid state drive (SSD) options later this quarter in a direct charge at NetApp's FAS3000 line. Celerra, originally a NAS filer, is EMC's unified storage range offering Fibre Channel and iSCSI block-level access, NFS …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Alex
    Coat

"Lions, Tigers, Bears, oh my..!"

Sorry.. Had to..

Mine's the one with Predator 2 in the pocket

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

De-duplication.

Do you guys consider that a combination of Avamar and Rocover Point will have better results than data de-duplication at a block-level?

Thanks

3. Dan Keating
    Linux

trampled in the rush to buy new EMC solutions

Decisive, innovative, ground breaking, awe inspiring ...... all these things, EMC are not. Congratulations are due to them for their 'tick in the box' attitude to solution availability. Now watch as the market completely ignore the irrelevant.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Slow Lane

Doesn't matter if they put turbo's on the bloody thing, no f*ck*r, once its racked has a bloody clue how to use or configure it. Takes the fun out of needing or being a sys adm as no one but EMC can add or remove anyone. Takes 15th Line Support to another level and the users data can go bye bye for months....Give me back Simple !!!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Sounds like a hodge podge

Navisphere for disk management

Celerra GUI for file level management

Avamar GUI

Recoverpoint GI

Celerra Replicator GUI ?

Obviously a play against NetApp, who already have some of this check the box functionality, but simple this is not. By the way, NetApp's long list of exceptions on dedup in production and their reliance on command line makes all of this stuff look so six years ago.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like