back to article Satyam finds bankers to find it funding

Indian outsourcer Satyam has appointed two investment banks to help it find long term funding. Avendus and Goldman Sachs are talking to banks and are dealing with immediate operating expenses. Satyam has also lined up cash for January salaries from money received. Board member T N Manoharan said Satyam had received proposals …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Joe K
    Thumb Down

So....

Brought in banks to HELP it find funding, not actually fund it?

Its dead Jim, take it round the back of the barn with the ol' shotgun.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Offshoring company in death throws

good :)

They should have been concentrating on their own economy, not destroying others.

I am all for free trade across borders and 0 taxation, but half way houses just cause problems, you cannot protect one sector and leave another completely exposed.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Correct me here if i'm wrong

But isnt it the banks that caused the big mess with the global economy that exposed the Satyam corruption?

They can find a buyer and help cover up any backhanders they give to get the company cheap?

Never ever trust an eastern businessman, most of them, like Al Fayed are in cloud cuckoo land and lie constantly about their worth to gain status and try for a UK passport (there are exceptions, like corus, but few and far between)

The Olympics will finish bankrupting the UK, will PWC, Delloite et al be appointed?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@ Correct me here if i'm wrong

a politically incorrect but accurate appraisal in my experience

5. Sitaram Chamarty

@ac 11:08 GMT

don't be a moron.

If you didn't outsource to us, where would we find the money to buy everything from coke/pepsi to GM and Ford cars and funnel profits back to you lot?

[you then promptly turn those over to China, but that's your problem not ours...]

This topic is closed for new posts.