Dell is suffering serious shipping delays with some of its Latitude E4300 systems due to an unresolved component supply issue, The Register has learned. The company has been telling customers unfortunate enough to have ordered the laptop to wait up to three months for the product to be delivered. One customer, who wishes to …
not so here....
We have three E4300's ordered sometime before december, and have just ordered another, and been told the usual 3 week lead time for it...
no 3 month wait for us it seems :P
same as last year then
I remember it well, the Dell owned Alienware citing the same reasons for making me wait 2-3months for an M15X
poor inconsistent dates and excuses = poor customer service, why people go back to Dell etc is a mystery to me.
my Novatech laptop still running great......
- Twenty years since Windows 95, and we still love our Start buttons
- Windows 10 now on 75 million devices, says Microsoft
- Windows 10 market share growth slows to just ten per cent
- Windows 10 blamed (partly) for stalled PC sales recovery
- Ex-HP top aide in the clink for racking up $1m on company credit cards