back to article RM walks the line

RM saw no indications of a fall in spending in its markets for the first half of its fiscal year, and said expectations for the full year remain unchanged. The education IT supplier said trading was in line with management’s plans covering the period from 1 October 2008 to 6 February 2009. However, it also pointed out that “ …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Suburban Inmate
    Alien

Takes me back...

To my first college days of putting marker over the RM box's power lights, setting a secure screensaver, firing up Teleport Pro, and unleashing it on a "gentleman's URL" with the brain-bursting 2Mb college connection.

Then secreting all 7GB in a folder and cunningly rendering it inaccessible to windows explorer with the old Alt+219 trick from a command prompt. As well as acting innocent when the admin wonders where all the space on the user server has gone. When I returned with my laptop, I could get past the RM user space restrictions with the help dialog: "Open... Explorer.exe" if need be.

Ah, great days :) Of course, we also did serious stuff like L0phtcrack. Alien, because non-virtual females were at the time.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like