back to article HP to spruce EVA storage arrays

HP is set to launch its upgraded mid-range EVA storage arrays featuring 80TB+ increases in capacity, new controllers, and solid state drive (SSD) support. According to a training document seen by The Register, HP has already started briefing relevant employees, contract trainers, and partners across Europe. The launch is, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Oh the forward thinking...

"HP has already started briefing relevant employees, contract trainers, and partners across Europe."

Right before they're going to need to start training new, less qualified staff after the good ones leave rather than take a pay cut.

2. Algis Petraitis
    Thumb Down

This is not what I need

Instead of this collection of legacy expensive fibre interfaces and electricity consuming 3.5" disks, I expected from HP the disk array product with 10Gbps iSCSI connections to server side and with SAS 2.5" small factor disks. With new HP datacenter 6600 ProCurve 10Gbps 24 port switches that would make a complete HP solution for data storage, without complicated fibre-channel, and at 10Gbps speeds.

Lets hope HP will release such a proper MSA array soon, otherwise I will need to change my storage vendor.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Got to love HP

nothing like polishing a turd is there?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Paycuts...

And who exactly is going to employ all these "good" HP staff then when they leave....

Less pay is still better than no pay.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Mutton dressed as lamb

underneath the new name badges it's still the same old gear that HP has been trotting out for the last 7 years.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

People in glass houses

"Mutton dressed as lamb"

What and CX, Netapp and HDS aren't ? it's a proven architecture, with virtualization throughout. Not just small elements of virtualization bolted onto a traditional architecture like most of the competition. The hardware is a complete refresh and the features such as disk pooling, wide striping, ease of management etc all gaining popularity and being touted by vendors as game changers have been part of the EVA architecture for 7+ years now.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like