back to article Acer pushes Gateway back into Europe

Acer has relaunched the Gateway brand in Europe, restyling the cow spotted direct supplier as a channel only brand pitched at SMEs. Gateway Professional consists of three parts: the Gateway brand's residual value in Europe, a restricted set of notebook, desktop and server products, and a specially-recruited channel which gets …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Pete James

They could well get somewhere

I'm not really a fan of Acer. Past experience was of a brand that was a bit low on durability. But with the likes of Lenovo misfiring all over the place (here's a tip for UK Lenovo users; jump ship to HP sharpish if you want to stay sane as your current supplier is about to shaft you big style) and Dell going through a rather confused state right now (and if you trust Dell then you're clearly mad) there could be a some market share to be grabbed here.

The only drawback to me is resurrecting a brand name that was simply awful. I remember their attempted entry into the UK business market about ten years ago. A Gateway rep came to see me and his pitch was arrogant beyond belief. "We're going to dominate the UK so either deal with us or your business will disappear." I am not kidding either.

Twelve months later they were gone.

2. tony trolle

No vista

XP pro. hell they going to get lots of fans over this.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like