back to article Seagate swings hefty axe at execs

Seagate has given several execs the boot, including consumer products divisional president Brian Dexheimer, whose division's products didn't exactly set the world on fire. According to an SEC filing Dexheimer will leave his post at the end of the financial year, June 30, to effect a smooth transition, following which there …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Other tech companies should do the same

I always see the lower ranks cut, but I rarely see companies doing anything at exec level, other than shuffling the deck chairs. Sorry for those that are losing their jobs, but good for Seagate.

2. Luis Ogando
    Thumb Up

Sad, but refreshing

It's never good when folk lose their jobs, but at least Seagate is addressing the problem properly. Take a look at the likes of DSGi - when they need to save money or restructure they lay off shop workers and call-centre staff. The fat-cats at the top still get their bonuses and salaries.

UK companies take note...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

@Luis Ogando

"The fat-cats at the top still get their bonuses and salaries"

UK shareholders vote to allow it - mostly via the large investment funds (Pensions etc.). They vote to allow the renumeration committees to continue and in turn these guys vote large bonuses.

We should be putting pressure on our investment funds / pension funds to act with vigor but it won't work - these guys scratch each other's backs.

I applaud Segate as long as this is not some sort of political revenge...

4. Joe K
    Thumb Up

/Nelson

HAW HAW!

5. Gordon Crawford
    Flame

POP

there opens another GOLDEN parachute ,

and another

and another

and etc.

etc