A revamped Dell EqualLogic iSCSI SAN storage array product line could be just around the corner, according to documents seen by El Reg. The PS6000 will boast better protection, solid state disk speed and more Ethernet capacity. The PS6000 should increase the gigabit Ethernet port count from three per controller for the current …
iSCSI stable drivers missing for Broadcom chips
The biggest problem with iSCSI is that STABLE iSCSI offload drivers for Windows 2008 are still missing for Broadcom iSCSI offload chips (like 5706,5708 for 1G and 57711 for 10G). There is no iSCSI offload yet for 10G at all, and even the latest Broadcom TCP offload drivers stop working after several days under heavy load with lot of connections, for example when testing the technology in public FTP server role with heavy load. Not ready for production.
Until this is fixed, the whole iSCSI industry is at big risk. This problem applies to HP, Dell and possibly many other server manufacturers who use Broadcom chips, and to all iSCSI disk array manufacturers.
Intel does not have full iSCSI offload chips yet.
EVERYONE in iSCSI industry - PUSH Broadcom to release stable iSCSI offload drivers! They are hurting your business.
- Regin: The super-spyware the security industry has been silent about
- Samsung to boot out Shin after Galaxy S5 tanks – report
- US taxmen won't say WHY they're probing Microsoft. So Redmond is suing the IRS
- Apple’s $700 BEEELLION market cap makes it more valuable than Switzerland
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...