SanDisk shares have shot up 43 per cent to $10.93 in a week with rumours that Samsung is trying to take it over again. SanDisk stock closed at $7.65 on March 9 and then started rising steeply. Bloomberg said this was due to speculation that Samsung and Toshiba could make a bid. Toshiba has a joint venture with SanDisk that …
Sandisk are the only company I know who make decent mp3 players (no flashy crap or weird interfaces, no proprietary formats, and the capability to just connect to a USB port and copy songs across with no need for installing software)
I hope they don't go.
- Dell charges £5 to switch on power-saving for new PCs (it takes 5 clicks)
- IBM rides nightmarish hardware landscape on OpenPOWER Consortium raft
- Enterprise storage will die just like tape did, say chaps with graphs
- Who fancies a billion-quid bonanza? Just flog the Home Office some shiny walkie-talkies
- Apple's strong iPhone sales crush Wall Street moneymen's tepid expectations