back to article US states may seek Microsoft anti-trust extension

Some US states may ask for continued supervision of Microsoft, to ensure the software giant isn't breaching the government's 2001 anti-trust agreement. Microsoft oversight is due to expire on November 12, but states that signed on to the Department of Justice's (DoJ's) deal with Microsoft may now seek an extension that would …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

a taste of whats to come

....mmmm....fanboi.....mmmm....mdollar.....something retarded......mmmmm....squirrel

2. raving angry loony

why bother?

The US anti-trust "oversight" has been nothing more than a joke. It's the Europeans who finally managed to slap those bastards hard enough that they have been forced to listen - albeit very reluctantly, and very slowly. The Americans did FUCK ALL to stop Microsoft from continuing to abuse its monopoly.

3. adnim

The letter or the spirit?

Now most corporations will adhere to the letter of the law, at least publicly. Do you know any that adhere to the spirit of the law?

Humans feel things, corporations don't.

4. David
    Gates Horns

Never trust that beast.

If you take them off the lead, they will go round biting everyone once again.

5. Wortel

Too little

Too late

6. Tom

States sueing to protect consumers?

Yeah, right. There was only one true thing MS said during their previous trial, and that was that the trial wasn't about penalizing it for past behavior, it was about the government taking control of the company and dictating what it did. With the Big 0 having nationalized the banks and the car industry, MS is another logical step in encroaching fascistic statism. Using California and New York as proxies just slightly obscures the objective. And for as much as I despise Microshaft's abusive ways, the only thing that frightens me more than that, is the state replacing them as the abuser.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

why bother?

@ raving angry loony ... "The US anti-trust "oversight" has been nothing more than a joke. It's the Europeans who finally managed to slap those bastards hard enough that they have been forced to listen - albeit very reluctantly, and very slowly."

The total lack of so-called "oversight" goes right back to the White House and the minions of the Shrub who was awarded the seat in the oval office by his friends among the Supremes despite losing the popular vote. The US Government had not just a "laissez faire" attitude toward business during his deliberate destruction of the world economy but actually encouraged by the total failure of government to stop corporate greed, gave M$ and other megacorporations the green light to do whatever rape of the country they chose to perpetrate.

Getting my coat before the Shrub empties my pockets of what little I have left.

8. Paul
    Coat

and finally....

...Squirrel!

9. Gordon Crawford

Some US states

Can they not complain and just go back to the lawsuits . Some lawyers need the stimulus !

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like